1. Organizing Authority
1.1. The 2019 EUROSAF Mixed Offshore European Championship is organized by the Nastro Rosa series in conjunction with the L30 Class Association under the authority of Federazione Italiana Vela and in cooperation with EUROSAF (European Sailing Federation).
2.1. The regatta is governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing.
2.2. The following rules will also apply:
- a) L30 Class Rules,
- b) World Sailing Offshore Special Regulations (Category 3 with life raft required)
2.3. Minimum crew weight equalization system, L30 Class Rules shall apply.
2.4. In case of conflict between languages, the English text will take precedence.
3.1. World Sailing Advertising Code will apply. Competitors & Boats advertising will be without restriction. Event Advertising by the Organizing Authority will be:
- Bow numbers with advertisement to be displayed as forward as possible on both sides of the first 20% of the hull.
- Advertisement to be displayed on both sides of the foremost 20% of the mainsail boom.
- Sponsor’s flag to be flown on the backstay throughout the entire event.
3.2. The Organizing Authority may also require the installation, at no cost to competitors, of on-board video cameras, position devices, and guest riders whose on-board position restrictions are defined in the Sailing Instructions.
4. Eligibility and Equipment
4.1. Teams consisting of two athletes of different gender are eligible to race. Competitors shall comply with World Sailing Eligibility Code.
4.2. The regatta will be held on L30 One Design class boats provided for charter by L30 One Design OU.
4.3. One team per nation is allowed unless there are less than 8 entries, where the Organizing Authority can decide on further teams.
4.4. If more than 8 nations enter the Championship, the qualification will be held during the Nastro Rosa series in conjunction with the L30 Class Association.
4.5. The dates and venues of the Nastro Rosa series are as follows:
- September 22-24, 2019, Genoa
- September 27- October 2, 2019, Roma – Napoli
- October 4-6, 2019, Ancona
4.6. A team is considered pre-registered when the following documents are received:
- a) Completed and signed entry form with skipper information, including name, surname, weight, nationality, World Sailing Sailor ID and World Sailing Sailor Classification Code.
- b) Entry fee payment confirmation.
- c) World Sailing Member National Authority (MNA) team confirmation.
- d) International representation of the fleet.
- e) Skipper’s racing record, particularly in previous offshore regattas.
4.7. The list of pre-registered boats will be updated on the L30 Class Association website www.L30class.org upon receipt of each new entry.
4.8. The final list of accepted entries will be published on the L30 Class Association website www.L30class.org on September 7, 2019.
4.9. Pre-registered teams whose entry is not accepted will be listed on a waiting list. If any of the accepted teams cancels its participation before the start of the Championship a pre-registered team may replace it.
4.10. The entry fee received from any team whose entry is not accepted will be refunded.
4.11. Late entries may be accepted at the Organizing Authority’s discretion.
5.1. The entry fee (net of any bank charges) per team is 500 euro.
5.2. The charter and shore service fees per team are:
- 3,400 euro excl. VAT for boat charter including full insurance.
- 1,500 euro excl. VAT for boat delivery and shore team.
5.2.1. L30 boats provided are 30 foot offshore boats with carbon mast, boom and bowsprit and top level running rig, set of furlers, electric and water system, and a set of seven high quality sails with carbon structure:
- Main with two reefs, 29m2
- Code 0, 55m2 (top Genoa for light wind; with this sail the boat performs in wind from 2 knots, with boat speed of 3 knots)
- J1, 22m2
- J3, 12,5m2 (in combination with the main with one reef the boat performs in 35 – 40 knots of TWS)
- A2 gennaker, 84m2
- Storm jib, 7m2
- Trysail, 7m2
5.2.2. Equipment provided includes navigation equipment with AIS and autopilot, safety equipment with Category 3 ISAF safety regulations (including life raft, signal rockets, etc.).
5.2.3. One shore team member responsible for maintenance plus rigging and unrigging for every two boats will be available.
5.3. All fees must be paid before September 8, 2019, to L30 One Design OU.
Bank: AS LHV Pank
Bank Address: Tartu mnt 2, 10145 Tallinn
5.4. The Organizing Authority is not responsible for any costs incurred due to the non-acceptance of a team’s registration.
6.1. Each skipper must personally register at the Race Office located in Lido of Venice from 10:00 to 14:00 on October 7, 2019.
6.2. The following documents shall be presented at registration:
- a) Certificate of competence (Yacht Master or equivalent).
- b) Valid certificate of Sea Survival Course.
- c) Valid certificate of VHF Radio Operator.
- d) If advertising is to be displayed, an authorisation from the skipper’s MNA.
- e) Crew information, including name, surname, weight, World Sailing Sailor ID and World Sailing Sailor Classification Code.
- f) Damage deposit of 1,500 euro (see 21–Damage Deposit).
- g) Contact phone number both on-boat and land, including the name of the contact person.
- h) Liability acceptance form duly filled out and signed by both skipper and crew.
This changes RRS 78.2.
7.1. Race schedule:
- October 8, 2019: In-Port race in front of San Marco square.
- October 9-11, 2019: Offshore Race.
7.2. The In-Port Race will last approximately 1 hour. The Offshore Race from Venice to Trieste will last approximately 48 hours, with two nights at sea. The schedule and race course may be changed depending on wind and sea conditions to ensure arrival in Trieste on October 11, 2019.
8.1. The Class Measurer and Technical Committee will inspect all boats in accordance with L30 Class Rules before and immediately after races.
9. Sailing Instructions
9.1. Sailing Instructions will be available for each registered team on completion of registration formalities.
10.1. The In-Port Race results will be based on time difference at the finish.
10.2. The start of the Offshore Race will be done with the time difference obtained at the finish of the In-Port Race. This changes RRS 26.
The starting procedure will be as follows: a 5 minute start for the winner of the In-Port Race with the other boats not allowed to cross the starting line with less time difference than they obtained at the finish of the In-Port Race in relation to the winner. The starting procedure will be coordinated on VHF between Race Officers and teams, with countdown time for each boat.
10.3. The winner of the offshore race will be the 2019 EUROSAF Mixed Offshore European Champion.
11. International Jury
11.1. An International Jury will be appointed in compliance with RRS 91(b) and Appendix N. Decisions of the International Jury will be final according to RRS 70.5.
12. Support Boats
12.1. Support boats are not allowed.
13. Nautical Charts
13.1. Nautical charts of the Hydrographic Institute of the Republic Italy and Croatia can be found at www.hhi.hr.
14.1. Boats shall be kept in their assigned places while in the harbour.
15. Haul-out Restrictions
15.1. From 09:00 of the first scheduled day of registration until the end of the last scheduled race of the series boats shall not be hauled out except for repairing damages, and only after written permission from the International Jury. While hauled for this purpose, cleaning and polishing of the hull below the waterline is not permitted. Appendages shall not be removed from the boat during the regatta.
16. Media Rights
16.1. Competitors and their guests grant the Organizing Authority absolute and free right and permission for any pictures and video footage taken of persons or boats during the event, to be published or broadcast in any media, including but not limited to TV advertisements, for either editorial or advertising purposes or to be used in press information.
17.1. Except in an emergency or when communicating with the Race Committee, a boat that is racing shall not make voice or data transmissions and shall not receive voice or data communications that are not available to all boats.
18. Trophies and Prizes
18.1. Trophies and medals will be awarded in Trieste Main Square on October 11, 2019, during the Barcolana festival.
19. Disclaimer of Liability
19.1. Competitors participate in the Championship entirely at their own risk—see RRS 4 – Decision to Race. The Organizing Authority and any other party involved in the organization of the event will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta. Each skipper and crew accept these terms by signing the entry form.
20.1. Each charter fee includes third-party insurance with a cover of 1,500,000 EUR per event.
21. Damage Deposit
21.1. A damage deposit of 1,500 euro on a per boat, per incident basis is due on registration.
21.2. In the event of damage, which does not include reasonable wear and tear, the cost of repairing such damage shall be met from the damage deposit. Team members shall pay the top-up needed to keep the damage deposit at its initial amount before continuing racing.
21.3. The damage deposit will be refunded after deducting damage repairing costs, if any.
22. Further Information
22.1. For further information, please contact the L30 Class Association at info@L30class.com.